Cooking and Dining
July 30, 2022
Disciples United Methodist Church
Mt. Morris, IL 61054
and On-Line Registration
Below on This Page
Louisiana Cooking and Dining Experience
Encore! Mt. Morris will present Creole and Cajun cuisine in a hands-on cooking and dining experience Saturday afternoon, July 30, 1-5pm at the Disciples United Methodist Church in Mt. Morris, IL.
Learn the history of these two prominent Louisiana cultures and the subtle differences in their cooking styles as we chop, slice, simmer, and just plain Let the Good Times Roll under the guidance of local cooking and gardening enthusiast, Julie Mastny.
Throughout the afternoon’s journey we will prepare:
• Mint Juleps, a traditional southern cocktail
• Crawfish in a not too spicy remoulade sauce
• Muffuletta sandwiches, making focaccia bread and olive salad, key components of this classic New Orleans sandwich
• Shrimp and Andouille Gumbo. A dark roux and the “holy trinity” are the basis for this hearty, Cajun dish
• Bread pudding with a rich, lip-smacking good rum sauce will culminate the meal
Grab a partner (or we’ll pair you up) and join in the fun! The best part? Sitting down with a small group of fellow foodies to enjoy the homemade feast!
Registration is $30 below or in person at Mt. Morris Village Hall, 105. W Lincoln St. Registration deadline: July 25.
Encore! Mt. Morris is composed of volunteers committed to developing Mt. Morris, IL into a unique, thriving rural and cultural arts destination in northwest Illinois. Learn more at EncoreMtMorris.com.
Contact us with your questions.